Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week in Review

-I've been going through our fod. The pantry really looks bare. The freezer did too, until my hubby went on a smoothie making kick :). Now there's a big bag of ice in there.

- I made a bunch of seitan the other day, using up all my soy sauce, second to last can of beans, vegetable boullion, and lots of my vital wheat gluten. So far it's provided two meals, and I think I have enuogh for two more. Major score!

- We got all our school done, even though there were some fights over it. Every day, when we're done,I think "how did I survive this?" and wonder how we're going to make it through the next day. So, I'm going to mentally pat myself on the back for continuing. And sticking to my guns and making Leilani do her school. Mostly, it's not fun, but it is what's best for this year.

- Natalia's sitting up, but showing no interest in rolling over. However, she wants to crawl, so it's all good. I am trying to help her roll over, though.

- In a moment of geekdom, I joined Pottermore. Despite trying two times, I got sorted into Slytherin. Twice. I think it had something to do with choosing the sword out of a box and being willing to trick a troll in order to cross a bridge. If you play, you can friend me SandWolf24665


My hubby’s going to be out of town for a few days, so I may not have internet for the next few days. I’ll probably just finish watching the Harry Potter films. It’s my first time, since I wasn’t allowed as a child and only just recently broke free from my mom’s controlling and manipulating. My girls are going to grow up incredibly differently than I did. And that’s the biggest positive in the world! Part of the reason for this blog. Reminding myself that, despite what my mom ingrained in me, I am a good, strong person who’s capable of making my own decisions, carrying on conversations without her help, and thinking my own thoughts. It’s amazingly freeing and at the same time, since I’ve only been free a little over a year, terrifying. But, the best thing I could have ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment