Monday, August 20, 2012

Cloud Dough

Today we made cloud dough for a sensory experience. I took 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil. Leilani had a blast playing with it. She played with it for nearly an hour! After she was done playing, I asked her nicely if she would clean it all up. She put the lid on the container, got the broom and dustpan, and cleaned it all up, the best she could. I was so proud of her (and myself, for not demanding or ordering, but requesting!).

This one's sorta positive, since I let her deal with the consequences of her behaviour. She had some salad and wouldn't share it, so as she was trying to get the bowl away from my hubby, it flew out of her hand, went upside down, and spilled all over the floor. We had to throw the salad away, and she had no salad. I didn't let her go hungry, but didn't make another salad, either. Natural consequences, sometimes it's so hard not to "rescue" our kids from something that won't harm them, but will help them grow! So, cheers to myself for being strong :).

No comments:

Post a Comment